Saturday 14 April 2012

Microcosm

Last time we talked I introduced you to Shedy, one of the great loves in my life. She is the Lucky Lulu flag ship store so to speak! This time I'm going to tell you all about my sewing tin. I use it all the time. It is practically attached to me. I have it in the house, near my spot on the sofa, so I can work on whatever project I have going. There are other tins in the house filled with Lucky Lulu stuff, but this tin is the engine room.



Yes, it's a Gruffalo tin! We adore the Gruffalo in our house. Thank heavens the tin has a little clasp on it, it's usually stuffed full and fit to burst. It's like my shed in miniature, a distillation of everything I need in one place.



On the day I took these pictures my tin contained 27 reels of thread, 2 skeins of embroidery silk, a hand-made wrist pin cushion stuffed with needles and pins, a pair of scissors, a tape measure, a bag of the buttons I use for fox's eyes, a crochet hook, a box of needles, Lucky Lulu name tapes, brooch backs, a tiny piece of bobble trim ( to be turned into bug antenna!), an elastic band, a teeny tiny golden safety pin, 2 cardboard brooch templates ( chameleon and bluebird), a felt bluebird piece, some clear vintage buttons and a little drawing my eldest daughter did for me. Phew! So much goodness in a small space.


It feels rather wonderful to reach in there and know I will find whatever I need for my Lulu quick sewing projects and general household repairs.






The Mouse found a nut, and the nut was good! Look what I found at the bottom of the tin :)








2 comments:

  1. I've got one of those 'Ruby Doodles' taped on my sewing box too!!! How cute....she put you in Flares! She knows her fashion :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello lovely,

    I just wanted to let you know that I've nominated you for a Leibster award on my blog, purely because I love following yours. You can have a nose at it here: http://trisarahtopsg.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/leibster.html

    Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete